There are A LOT OF PEOPLE who are in need of help with their sexless marriage. The research has indicated that as many as 17 million people in the United States alone are in a relationship where they have sex 10 times a year or less. That is A LOT OF PEOPLE who might well want help with a sexless marriage.
A healthy sexual relationship is very important to a healthy marriage
That isn’t to say that a healthy marriage must necessarily have healthy sex, but it is very important. People who want help with their sexless marriage are very often asking for help with something that is right at the center of their relationship.
Sexual desire is a very basic human need; it is integral to the perpetuation of our species. There aren’t nearly as many people who want help to pick out the right color of socks; the right color socks isn’t fundamental to the perpetuation of our species.
Recommended Books on Coping with a Sexless Marriage
- Escaping The Sexless Marriage: A Practical Manual to Bring Back Intimacy and Trust into a Passive Aggressive Marriage (The Complete Guide to Passive Aggression)
- The Sex-Starved Marriage: Boosting Your Marriage Libido: A Couple's Guide
- Wanting Sex Again: How to Rediscover Your Desire and Heal a Sexless Marriage
- Passionate Marriage: Keeping Love and Intimacy Alive in Committed Relationships by Schnarch Ph.D., David 1st (first) 1st (first) Edition [Paperback(1998)]
There is no more common arena for working through control issues than the arena of sex. A search for help with their sexless marriage is often a cloaked way of searching for a solution to the control dramas that exist between a man and a woman. The more mature a relationship, the less often there are control dramas, and the less often there are struggles with their marriage.
We live in an age when most people expect to have a satisfying sexual relationship. It is a combination of factors that have created these shared expectations. The media has contributed, as has the changing status of women around the world. Everyone believes that they deserve to enjoy a life where they don’t need sex advice for their marriage.
Shame and guilt about sex are disappearing quickly.
For some centuries, we civilized humans were encouraged to get our sexual desires under control; there was little room for impulsiveness. Today, we believe sex is normal, sexual desire is natural, and sexual expression is fun and playful. Our paradigm has shifted. If shame and guilt still hang around the area of sexuality, then we may want help with our sexless marriage so we can free ourselves.
We simply live in an age where we don’t have to put up with stuff that doesn’t work right. If your body is troubled, you go to the Doc and get a fix. If your money isn’t growing fast enough for you, you go to an Investment Counselor and get the ball rolling. If your computer isn’t working, you find a Technician to work some wonders. The point is, we have grown accustomed to finding a fix for most problems in life.
Getting help for a sexless marriage makes perfect sense in a world where there is help for almost anything! Men and women don’t know how to please each other very well at all. There simply has been too much focus on intercourse as a way of reaching mutual pleasure. It takes more than 20 minutes, on average, for a woman to become aroused to the point of orgasm. 75% of men don’t take 2 minutes, and not enough men and women have worked at mastering sexual arousal.
Recommended Books on Marriage
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- One New Habit To Fix Your Marriage: 10 Simple Steps To Put The Joy And Intimacy Back In Your Marriage
- The Emotionally Destructive Marriage: How to Find Your Voice and Reclaim Your Hope